The home page of your website is the handshake you offer to your visitors. That means if you want to shake your prospects hand and bring them in, you gotta have your act together. And, you gotta hypnotize them with your content.
First, a unique value proposition that triggers the emotional buying buttons has to be front and center. We used to call that the “elevator speech.”
Second, rhythmic content with clues, which in website land are called “Call to Actions”, that lead them further into your page or pages to take action.
Third, you then have to revisit your value proposition, only spin it a little differently this time.
Fourth, use pictures or other graphics that send the same message. Make that picture or message say “do it now!”
Believe it or not, you can accomplish all this quickly and have your readers drooling by the time they “click” the buy button.
Stay tuned to this blog for my series on Hypnotic Websites. (This term was coined by Joe Vitale). If you are not already receiving my tips don’t miss this series. See the Subscribe button to your top right and add your name for your free tips today. Start focusing on profit centers for your business now.
For centuries people looked for guidance about earning fortunes, being successful, and reducing stress from books like the Bible, from novels they’ve read, from business magazines and a plethora of books about success tips. I’ve used all of these resources many times myself. They are great to get you started. But why is it we continually seek the same information over and over? Why aren’t we moving forward?
My answer to this is your approach on how you apply the information you absorb. I’ve run a business now for nearly 40 years. I’ve developed many profit centers and made lots of money, enough to put myself through two university degrees with minimal student loan debt. I live in the house of my dreams. I’ve almost always driven cars that were paid for. I’ve traveled to many countries outside the U.S. I actually never expected to still be in business at this time in my life. I’m not quite ready for retirement and figured I’d be working a regular job by now. But here I am still pedaling away and loving every minute of it. I look back and I think, “What makes me or other successful individuals any different than many who continue to struggle to reach their dreams of high income and owning their own businesses?”
The Answer: I can tell you that the business owners with whom I hang around all operate in a “Mindfulness State of Mind.” What do I mean by this? All of us, including you, have a very powerful tool inside of us that actually operates in a way to make us successful. Some of us use it and many do not. It’s actually your success center depending on what information you choose to feed it. You focus on inputting positive statements toward your intentions and do so daily. It’s called the Limbic System It is located in the frontal part of the brain and it works like a computer. However, it’s output is emotional, i.e. it’s more involved in motivation and emotional behaviors. Just like with a computer operating system, you can only pull out what you put in.
Why is this important for you to know as it relates to being a high earner in your business? Because this is the system to which you communicate when tapping into your own hot buttons. You no doubt already understand that hypnotic words in advertising and promotion tap into your customers hot buttons. So now you are the customer of your own thoughts. Your thoughts control your behavior.
Think about his. You are your customer! What will you do to hypnotize yourself into thinking only about what motivates you and what words are you going to use to inspire you to take action? It’s that simple. Remember, you can only experience in your life what you input into your ‘computer’.
So let’s talk about how to hypnotize yourself in thinking only things that motivate and inspire you. Our mind has two levels, conscious and subconscious. The conscious mind we know best. It processes everything through the five senses. When you perform a conscious act like answering your phone, sending a text, taking a picture for example, your conscious mind sends the order to your body. When you go to sleep, your conscious mind also goes to sleep.
The other level, your creative mind, (your subconscious), never sleeps. It literally keeps you alive and has control over every system in your body. Most importantly, your creative mind also governs your personality, your character, your innermost drivers, your emotions and your deepest and most secret desires. If you input to this system in your brain then it knows only one way to react, subconsciously and without thought to make things happen. The program you input in it becomes part of your everyday actions. You start living differently, thinking differently and accomplishing all things that you programmed into it. How simple is that?
So, if you want to learn how to grow rich why you sleep…you do it by communicating with your Creative Mind while your Conscious Mind sleeps along with the rest of you!
In Lesson Three I will give you some really simple steps to do just that.
Since Valentine’s Day is almost here I thought you would enjoy my favorite customer service story. Here’s one for the romance and customer service record books: Once upon a time there was a single mother with two daughters recently divorced. She drove a tank of a car that had all kinds of problems that needed fixing. It just so happened that her office was located across the street from a full service gas station that also repaired cars.
She left her car there for the day to repair an oil leak, air conditioning and a window that wouldn’t role down. Not understanding how car repairs work she stood fast, hands on hips, in front of the counter and told the mechanics she would only pay for service once since her budget was very small and that she expected everything on her list to be fixed correctly the first time.
This was on a Thursday. Friday morning came to take the kids to daycare and head out to her office. Low and behold, the car wouldn’t start. To make a long story very short, the car spent another day at the shop. At the end of the day she stood her ground and refused to pay for any more labor on her car. After all, it was running when she left it there the first time. She was the only earner in the family now and more money in her car meant no dinner or entertainment for her girls that weekend.
Now for the superb customer service. Out behind the counter comes a grinning mechanic who walked her out to her car and said, “Anytime you have a problem with your car, you come to me and I will make sure it is taken care of.” Asking her to get in the car and start the engine, he lifted the hood and messed around with hoses and who knows what else to impress her and to make her feel special. He insured her that this time she would have no problem with her ride.
Turned out she didn’t have a problem that day but as the weeks went on, one thing after another either fell off the car, quit working or some other issue prevented it from running correctly. The car spent a lot of time in the service bay and so did that mechanic.
Little did she know, when he followed her out to the car that day, he had a bet with the guys behind the counter that he could get a date with her. He did win the bet, and this year they will be celebrating 39 years together. It just so happened that there were so many repairs on the car and a very large repair bill. She ended up marrying the Manager of the auto repair company because she couldn’t pay her bill.
The moral of the story…treating a dissatisfied customer like they are the most important person to their business can pay off in big dividends.
Running and operating your own business doesn’t have to be all trials and tribulations.
It can be a wonderful personal growth experience, especially if you have the right business model from which to operate.
That’s where I come in. Stick with me and you will learn so many wonderful things about how to do it correctly, saving you lots of stress and headaches later. First things first:
1. BE A VISIONARY ENTREPRENEUR! Start with your vision or idea that you know will fill a need for a specific target audience. Research the psycho-graphics; what makes them tick; what do they buy; where do they shop; but most important– What problem do they have that isn’t being solved? If you can solve their problem, you have a customer!
2. BUILD YOUR NETWORK OF PERSONAL VISIBILITY! It’s not just about your business and what it can do for your customer. It’s as much about who you are as a person, i.e. your integrity, your ability to be flexible, your compassion and how you treat others’ ideas when brought to the table, whether it be on a Board, volunteering, teaching, or just plain interacting with people generally. You leave your mark. You want that mark to be memorable in a positive way. So be the best you can be in all areas of your life. If you follow this rule everyday, watch what happens when you begin to promote your business. People buy from people…
3. BRAND YOUR COMPANY NAME-PRODUCT-PROGRAM! If you are ready with the name of your company, begin bringing it up in conversations. It doesn’t matter if you have your products finished yet or your idea completely fleshed out. The more you talk to people about it, letting those you talk to know that you are still in the development stages of your product or program, the more practiced you will be in incorporating keywords into your next conversation that addresses their problem. That’s one way to do primary research. Let those you talk to tell you what their hot buttons are, what problems they need solved, etc.
I’m here to answer your questions regarding your business or personal growth. Please let me hear from you through your comments on this blog, through my contact page or join my RSS feed to receive these postings directly into your email box.
Starting with your childhood and the beliefs, emotions and actions you take then, bring you where you are today. These beliefs, emotions and actions set the stage for how you see your success or failures unfolding.
Ah! You are now probably berating yourself and those who influenced you as a child. Not to worry! Here is how you start to change it.
- Be awake as you go about your day, i.e. be conscious when you shower, dress, eat, feed the pets, walk the dog, or get the kids out the door for school.
- Be aware that if you live in a hypnotic fog or have your mind on the past, you have no presence! LET ME REPEAT. IF YOU LIVE IN A HYPNOTIC FOG – doing things automatically with or without thinking; or CONSTANTLY HAVE YOUR MIND ON THE PAST – YOU HAVE NO PRESENCE.
- Having no “PRESENCE” means people see you in a fog or see you as you see yourself, IN THE PAST – worrying and commiserating about things that have already come and gone. How can you focus on building income if you are stuck in the past? Be in the present and focus on your creative process. After all, you made it this far didn’t you?
Tune in to the next blog post in this series for Lesson 2 on How to Grow Rich While You Sleep.